Tuesday 23 March 2010

Paint Pad for Nokia 5800

Whilst working in an office over the summer, I discovered the beauty of MS Paint as a way to pass away those long, dull hours doing administrative work. It's a lot more suspect than Solitaire and can be really embarrassing if your boss discovers you drawing pictures of pandas. Nonetheless, it's a brilliant way to just waste some time.

I discovered yesterday that there's a Paint application available for my Nokia 5800. I've been playing around with it, pretty much non-stop since then. It's quite difficult to do good, full-size images because the screen is only 3.2" but using a stylus is a million times better than a mouse.

I've been reading Astonishing X-Men recently and so they were the first things I thought to draw. Here are some quick sketches what I done.

Here's Wolverine.

This is a really shitty Colossus. I spent about 15 minutes just trying to draw his head and it still looks terrible. His positioning is really boring too, but I was drawing him from memory so I didn't want to do anything too difficult.

I did this initial sketch of Cyclops, but I wasn't too sure about the colouring. I've always liked the more traditional costume rather than the way he looked in the animated series.

Colouring is a bit fictional here. I don't think he has yellow goggles, but I thought it looked pretty cool. I added the right hand too, just to make it a really traditional Cyclops pose.


This is probably my favourite. I copied this from google images. I just love John Cassady's Beast. You can view the source image here.


And finally....a panda. Never let your boss catch you doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment